Last Modified: June 21, 2023
Application and Content
To access the Application, you must register and create a user account (“Account“). Content is available on the Application on (i) a complimentary basis, which allows you access to limited resources and a daily study via your Account; and (i) a subscription basis, which allows you to access an expanded library of resources and studies via your Account (“Subscription“). Precept may offer one or more Subscription tiers, which are subject to change from time-to-time. For a current listing of Subscription options, click here.
Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of each subscription period unless you cancel your Subscription before the end of the current subscription period. Any cancellation of your Subscription, unless terminated by Precept hereunder, will take effect at the end of the subscription period. If you cancel your Subscription before the end of a subscription period, we will not refund any subscription fees already paid.
Payment will be processed by a third-party payment processor. If you subscribe to the Application, you authorize our third-party payment processor to store your payment card information and to automatically bill your card upon each renewal of your Subscription.
Precept may offer an initial 7-day free trial with certain Subscriptions (each, a “Free Trial”). Free Trials may be subject to additional terms, and we have sole discretion to determine your eligibility for participation in a Free Trial. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Free Trials are valid only with and at the time of a qualifying Subscription, and are limited to one Free Trial per Account. You must have a valid payment method associated with your Account in order to participate in a Free Trial, and the Free Trial may be terminated in the event that your Subscription is cancelled or transferred. You acknowledge and agree that we may withdraw or modify the Free Trial at any time, in our sole discretion. You will be charged then-current rates for your Subscription if we determine that you are not eligible for the Free Trial. Your first payment will be charged to your chosen payment method following the expiration of the Free Trial, unless earlier terminated. If you sign up for a Subscription with a Free Trial and you do not want to renew or continue your Subscription after the Free Trial ends, you must cancel your Subscription at least 24-hours before the trial ends to avoid Subscription fees or a hold on your bank account. You may not receive a separate notice that your free trial is about to end or has ended, or that your paid Subscription has begun.
License to Use Application
The terms of your license to use the Application are set forth in the EULA, which is incorporated herein by reference.
Account and Subscription Termination
You may terminate your Subscription at any time under your Account settings or by sending an email to [email protected]. You acknowledge that Subscription Fees are nonrefundable. Termination will be effective at the end of the then current subscription period. After termination of your Subscription, you will no longer be able to access any resources or studies on the Application. Termination of a Subscription does not terminate your Account.
You may terminate your Account at any time under your Acount settings or by sending an email to [email protected]. After termination of your Account, you will no longer be able to access the Application without creating a new Account or reactivating your old Account.
Accessing the Application; Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Application, and any service or material we provide on the Application, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Application is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Application, or the entire Application, to users, including subscribers.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Application.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your Account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Application or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Application and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, text, studies, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Precept, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- You may download a single copy of the Application to your mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Application.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Application.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of, or any services or materials available through, the Application.
If you wish to make any use of material available on the Application other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: [email protected].
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Precept or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Precept. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Application are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Application, or which, as determined by us, may harm Precept or users of the Application, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Application in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Application, including their ability to engage in real time activities.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Application for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any materials.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Application.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Application, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Application.
- Attack the Application via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Application.
Any User Contribution posted to the Application will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Application, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Precept, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Application.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Application. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify Precept of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
The Company will investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Precept’s Copyright Agent at [email protected] (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”).
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Application.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Application is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
Reliance on Reports; Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Application is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other user of the Application, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Application may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Precept, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Precept. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Application
We may update the content on the Application from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Application may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Use of the Application
Linking to the Application; Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage or to locations where the Application may be downloaded, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Application may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Share certain content, or links to certain content, on the Application.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website or mobile app that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Application, or portions of it, to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Application
If the Application contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Application, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Application is based in the State of Tennessee in the United States. We provide the Application for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Application or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Application may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Application from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the Application will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION, WHETHER PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION OR ON ANY LINKED WEBSITE OR APPLICATION.
YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APPLICATION, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE APPLICATION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE APPLICATION, ITS CONTENTS, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE APPLICATION OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE APPLICATION, ANY WEBSITES LINKED THERETO, ANY CONTENT ON THE APPLICATION OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Application are operated by Precept Ministries of Reach Out, Inc.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Application should be directed to: [email protected].