Copy Permission Policy
Much of the content and materials available on Yarrow’s website and in other formats is protected by copyright law. You may wonder, “Why don’t Bible study producing ministries freely give away all their materials for free re-distribution?” There are several reasons:
- They have to cover the material and labor costs to produce their products and services for the same reason a church has to pay for its own materials, building, utilities, pastoral and administrative staff. To not cover expenses is to go out of business, meaning to go out of ministry.
- They have to safeguard author originality based on “honor to whom honor is due” (Romans 13:7) and more importantly biblical accuracy and integrity. Precept’s inductive studies are the product of a unique inductive study method and a long iterative development cycle that includes a dynamic piloting process with extensive leader and student feedback (peer review) prior to production. Courses are integrated to learn “the whole counsel of God.” Copyrights secure product integrity against (hopefully unintentional) misuse: fragmenting, misquoting and (worst case) tampering: deleting, adding to, and changing content.
- All ministries give away some of their materials and services and Precept is no exception. Precept charges for products and services but also raises donations not just to cover production costs but also to subsidize training and materials and their distribution to people in nearly 150 countries, most who can afford no more than bare living essentials. This is our ministry to Jesus’ most needy brethren and in fact your ministry if you’re associated with us.
Precept does not allow the reproduction or transmission of any of its copyrighted products in whole or in part in any form or by any means electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the publisher. This includes NASB Scripture references the Lockman Foundation has copyrighted but given us permission to quote in our materials.
- The first lessons of Precept Upon Precept (PUP) studies (free downloads from our web site)
Note: leaders are authorized to copy the first one or two lessons when complete workbooks are scheduled to arrive late (after the first class)
- Free Study Guides for Precepts For Life programs (also downloadable)
Precept does not allow any reproduction or transmission of audio tapes, CDs, or DVDs.
- A one-time conversion from media to media (e.g. tapes to CD/DVDs or CD/DVDs to USBs) so long as the original media is destroyed. The original cannot be transferred to another person or institution.
- A one-time download to an Ipod for listening or viewing
- Church (only) one-time duplication to produce a vaulted master in case of product deterioration. The original and copy (master) may not be installed or used concurrently on two CPUs.
To obtain permission to copy Yarrow materials
Please send the information requested below to:
Mail: Customer Service Department
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 182218
Chattanooga, TN 37422
Please note: we do not take requests by phone.
For each title include:
- Title and Author(s)
- Copyright date
- Specific Quotes or Visuals (maps, charts, etc.)
- Line Numbers
- Class: Size, Location, and Date(s)
- Number of Copies
To report Copyright Infringement, please send us the information listed below to Precept’s Copyright Agent at [email protected].
- Identification of the work or material that you claim has been infringed. If this material exists online, please provide a URL.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Precept is capable of finding the material and verifying its existence, in most circumstances, a URL.
- Contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement by you that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.