Last modified: March 17, 2023
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Application, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Application.
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, register with, access, subscribe to, or use the Yarrow mobile application (the “Application“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Precept applications or websites, including websites you may access through this Application.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Application is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Application:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Application.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Application, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted or identified online or offline (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Application, subscribing to our service, posting material (if that option is made available to you), and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Application and of the fulfillment of your purchases. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Application.
- Your search queries on the Application.
The Application may also allow you to provide information for publication or display on public areas of the Application (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Application or delete it from your device. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Precept, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain application content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Application.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Precept’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Precept about our Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Precept, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Application may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by Precept. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by by logging into the Application and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Text messaging opt-in data and consent won’t be shared with any third parties.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Application and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your State Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Application that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will post the new Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: